At Bewley we have a wide and varied curriculum. We make every effort to expand our children’s experiences through exciting topics and teaching. Every topic has a ‘WOW’ moment which encourages the children to experience something different. This could be a school trip or a visitor in connection with the class topic.
We guarantee our curriculum is:
- underpinned by aims, values and purpose
- develops the whole child- knowledge,skills,understanding and attitudes
- is broad, balanced and has clear progression in subject knowledge and skill
- is filled with rich first -hand purposeful experiences
- is flexible and responsive to individual needs and interests
- embeds the principle of a Unicef Rights Respecting School
- ensures children are fully equipped for their future challenges
- encourages the use of environments and expertise beyond the classroom
- allows children to explore current issues making meaningful links across the curriculum
- has a local, national and international dimension preparing children for life in modern Britain
The curriculum has been organised and established in consultation with all teaching staff. It is regularly reviewed and developed in accordance with the School Improvement Plan, recommendations from Ofsted (Inspection 2013) and following consultation with Governors and teaching staff. We use the Cornerstones Education Curriculum to supplement the delivery in school.
Termly Class Newsletters – This will give you information on the curriculum your child will be studying.
Autumn Term 2018
Class Topics Spring 2019
We have some exciting topics for next term. You will receive a class newsletter in January with more details. But for now here are the titles of the topics:
Nursery – Where does snow go?
Reception- Will you read me a story?
Year 1 – Memory Box
Year 2 – Land Ahoy!
Year 3 – Tribal Tales
Year 4 – Gods & Mortals
Y5 – Stargazers
Y6 – Frozen Kingdom
Summer Term Class Topics
Nursery How does the building stay up?
Rec Why do ladybirds have spots?
Year 1 Dinosaur Planet/Enchanted Forest
Year 2 Wriggle & Crawl
Muck, Mess & Mixtures
Year 3 I am Warrior!
Heroes & Villains
Year 4 Traders & Raiders
Year 5 Rivers
Year 6 A Child’s War (WW2)